DataServ wanted to take this opportunity to reach out again to let you know that we are continuing to comply with state COVID-19 orders at our headquarters and with our customers. DataServ has been acting in compliance with the Ohio Department of Health’s COVID-19 Guidance for Essential Businesses and Operations and the Responsible RestartOhio’s Sector Specific Operating Requirements by:
- Allowing some employees to work from home (teleworking) using our unified communication platform.
- Encouraging employees to do a self-assessment each day to check if they have any COVID-19 symptoms. (Per the CDC, symptoms include cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headaches, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell.)
- Actively encouraging sick employees to stay home until they are free of fever (without the use of medication) for at least 72 hours (three full days) AND symptoms have improved for at least 72 hours AND at least 14 days have passed since symptoms first began.
- Immediately sending home employees who appear to have acute respiratory illness symptoms. Restricting their access to the business until they have recovered – at least 14 days.
- Reinforcing key messages – stay home when sick, use cough and sneeze etiquette, and practice hand hygiene.
- Providing protection supplies such as soap and water, hand sanitizer, tissues, masks, and no-touch disposal receptacles for use by employees.
- Cleaning commonly touched surfaces such as workstations, countertops, railings, door handles, and doorknobs.
- Providing disposable wipes so that commonly used surfaces can be wiped down by employees before each use.
- Abiding by the six-foot social distancing mandate.
- Protecting our vulnerable populations.
- Providing online and remote access to continue providing our services.
In addition, we are regularly monitoring Ohio COVID-19 Travel Advisory information in relation to our employees and their time off and are being proactive with quarantining should we feel there are specific concerns.
We do realize that the state orders are in constant flux and we continue to adjust and adapt to minimize health risks. We do plan to follow additional best practices that will be determined by the state as they are communicated.
If we have DataServ Team Members working on-site at your location(s), we kindly ask that you acknowledge this post by emailing email@example.com and confirm to us in writing that your organization is also complying with state COVID-19 orders and are adopting state measures.
If we have DataServ Team Members working on-site at your location(s), we also respectfully request that you please advise us expeditiously and directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if there is any potential that our Team Members could have been in contact or exposed to COVID-19 during our work together, as we will certainly do the same.
We are doing our best to take care of our Team Members so that we can safeguard and support your organization. And we thank you for caring for our DataServ Team Members as you would your own.
We truly appreciate our continued work together.