The Ohio Masonic Home (“OMH”), a senior living community, decided to move server systems from a hosting company to in-house facilities. The team needed a partner they could trust to aid in the process. Their previous server provider struggled to make progress on this complicated project, providing no strategic planning for growth or future technology use.
“The services from DataServ allow us to be more efficient and maneuver more quickly. Operationally, we can make moves now because we have the infrastructure to support it.”
Scott Buchanan, CEO, OMH
The server project was the catalyst for a partnership between DataServ and The Ohio Masonic Home. DataServ’s assessment process helped define the team’s pain points and establish a technology roadmap to set up this project, and future initiatives, for success.
“DataServ has done a sweeping assessment of our campuses and provided good insights around areas where we should focus. The team has also remapped and stabilized the environment. DataServ is constantly troubleshooting and refining systems so we can maximize our operational efficiency.” Robert Lane, Corporate Director of Procurement, OMH
Digital transformation signaled a revolution in the foundation of The Ohio Masonic Home’s infrastructure. This transformation redesigned how their people collaborate and seamlessly integrated technology into their processes. Since 100% of their business runs on technology, their continued success demanded the development and professional management of an efficient, reliable, scalable, and innovative IT infrastructure and operations that support their mission. We dedicate planning time together to ensure that any new project they wish to implement is possible. The Ohio Masonic Home’s leadership has the vision to consume technology differently, and the key is to empower the organization, people, and processes through technology that aligns seamlessly with their strategic goals. Leadership recognized that technology is a utility and partnered with us to deliver this so they could stay focused on innovating new approaches in serving their senior living community.
Solutions & Services
Through The Ohio Masonic Home partnership, DataServ:
• Completed a comprehensive Information Systems and Technology Assessment
• Completed a data center and technology conversion project nearly overnight
• Remediated the data and planning issues from previous IT vendor
• Eliminated unnecessary steps in workflows to increase time-savings, efficiency, and adoption
• Created a real-time documentation database of processes and procedures
• Prioritizes and executes collaboration, infrastructure, and security projects
• Assists with the application vendor to improve performance and problem resolution
• Delivers daily Technology as a Utility Services to meet growing needs
• Continues to engage in ongoing strategic planning activities.
Products and Services Delivered
• Designed, deployed, and manage the VoIP phone system.
• Implemented messaging, video, and web-sharing tools.
• Designed, deployed, and manage the internet.
• Designed, deployed, and maintain, LAN, WAN, SD-WAN, server, storage system, and Wireless/WiFi Managed service.
• Backup, restoration management, and 24/7 monitoring.
• Firewall management with 24/7 monitoring.
• Implemented anti-virus and web-filtering.
• On-site and remote resources that deliver end-user help desk support.
• Automated ticketing system with real-time reporting.
• Provide mobile device management for company-owned devices.
• Manage dashboard that provides visibility into active projects, trouble tickets, and contract management.
“Our six-year relationship with The Ohio Masonic Home has transformed DataServ from being viewed as a quality IT vendor to being their Digital Transformation Strategic Partner. We are proud of the work we are accomplishing together.” Karl Seiler, CEO, DataServ